Friday, February 6, 2009

James Week 4 and 5

Weeks 4 and 5 of James’ life were filled with lots of fun. James continued to eat and sleep well. He slept for a continuous 4 or 5 hours for which Jim and I were very grateful. He continues to improve on holding his head up on his own. He much prefers to show off this skill when lying on his dad’s chest as opposed to lying on his tummy time mat. James also found his voice this week. Jim and I continue to hope that he is working on volume control.

James and I also went on our first solo outing together since the weather was so wonderful. Finally, a break from all the snow! I learned that there is no such thing as a quick errand when you have a 1 month old. We only ran one errand, but I considered the trip a huge success. I was able to get him in and out of the store and home again without major incident. Sure, I ran the stroller into the door leaving the bookstore, but James was very forgiving!










4 comments:

The Slyes - Aubrey, David, and Harrison said...

He's so precious, Stacy. I know you are having so much fun. I'm so glad you were able to get out and run an errand - and yes, one errand is a huge deal! :) xo

Megan said...

Adorable!!! You all look wonderful and I could just eat him up. Congrats on your first outing! And I agree with Aubrey - any errand is an accomplishment. Hope we get to meet him soon!
Love you!

Unknown said...

I'm just loving the strawberry hair!! He is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the new pictures!

Cindy and Newman said...

he is so adorable! and changing so fast. i can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks=) love you and miss you all!